I could write a lot about what's wrong with the healthcare system in this country. A lot. But it wouldn't hit home quite the way this story does. A lot of uninsured folks need help. Let's start by helping one of our own. Go read David Kroll's post on #IAmUninsured and give what you can. No family should be afraid to get medical help for their children or themselves. Ever.
I'm a molecular biophysicist in a biochemistry department. In a college of medicine. And I'm funded by the NSF. Not too sure my dean likes that...
I'm here to blather on about things that interest me, including science, beer, science funding, and beer.
Like on Facebook
Contribute to Scientopia!Click here to toss some change in our contribution jar. All funds donated will be used solely to support Scientopia's operating costs. See our Code for more information on our funding policies.
- odyssey on NIH is changing the K99/R00 rules. Seriously NIH?
- Benjamin Teller on NIH is changing the K99/R00 rules. Seriously NIH?
- Pre-tenure Blog Carnival Wrap up! | Prof-Like Substance on REPOST: How Many Papers for Tenure?
- Pre-tenure Blog Carnival Wrap up! | Prof-Like Substance on Not trained for it
- Comradde PhysioProffe on It's not you, it's me.