Give now through the end of the campaign and you can get matching funds for your projects. As you're checking out, enter SCIENCE in the "match or gift code" box. My site is at: http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/viewChallenge.html?id=263580 or pick any projects from any Scientopian's page!
Christina K. Pikas is a science and engineering librarian in a special library as well as a doctoral student in information studies.
Any opinions expressed here may not even be her own and certainly do not represent those of any organization willing to be affiliated with her.
Search This Blog
- Unexpected impacts of federal budget monkey business
- Does bundling "screw libraries"?
- The latest land grab in the LIS world: Citation managers
- Happy, happy day! OSTP issues directive to expand open access to the products of federally funded research.
- DOE to try a publisher-sensitive pubmed central-like database?
- Around the Web: Expanding Public Access to the Results of Federally Funded Research, What kind of researcher are you? and more [Confessions of a Science Librarian] ← Test Blog on Happy, happy day! OSTP issues directive to expand open access to the products of federally funded research.
- Christina Pikas on There are e-books and there are e-books
- Mitja on There are e-books and there are e-books
- Jacob Rosewell on So much on scholarly comms
- watches on We need to work together to save the Statistical Abstract of the United States
- Admin (22)
- Basics (1)
- bibliometrics (21)
- collaboration (7)
- comps (13)
- Conferences (58)
- dissertation (4)
- finding information (8)
- information organization (1)
- information policy (19)
- information retrieval (27)
- Information Science (87)
- interfaces (1)
- knowledge management (1)
- librarians (23)
- libraries (18)
- my doctoral program (5)
- Off Topic (27)
- online communities (9)
- open access (4)
- open science (4)
- Posts I would like to write (6)
- public communication & engagement (10)
- publishing (42)
- research (3)
- scholarly communication (82)
- social computing technologies (33)
- STS (15)
- Uncategorized (16)
- [Etc] (4)
- [Information&Communication] (17)
- [Math&Technology] (1)
- [ScienceInSociety] (1)
Contribute to ScientopiaClick here to toss some change in our contribution jar. All funds donated will be used solely to support Scientopia's operating costs. See our Code for more information on our funding policies.