A coworker of mine at Google sent me a link this morning to an interesting piece of crackpottery: a guy who calls himself "the Soldier of the Truth" who claims to have proved Euclid's parallel postulate; and that therefore, all of non-Euclidean geometry, and anything in the realms of math and science that in any way rely on non-Euclidean stuff, is therefore incorrect and must be discarded. This would include, among numerous other things, all of relativity.
- MarkCC on Numeric Pareidolia and Vortex Math
- Mike Clarke on Numeric Pareidolia and Vortex Math
- Iwanni Briels on There's always more Cantor crackpottery!
- I Work with Monkeys on Hydrinos: Impressive Free Energy Crackpottery
- ScienceSeeker Editors’ Selections: January 26-February 1 | ScienceSeeker Blog on On outing in the sciblogging community
Tagsantisemitism atheism automata bad math Bad Physics bias book cantor crank category theory chomsky christianity computability computation cooking crackpottery fuzziness Fuzzy fuzzy logic global warming godel grammar incompleteness logic mental illness Meta morons music pathological programming physics pi planar geometry politics preaching probability Programming rant recipe stupidity symmetry teco topoi topology Uncategorized units woo