A coworker of mine at Google sent me a link this morning to an interesting piece of crackpottery: a guy who calls himself "the Soldier of the Truth" who claims to have proved Euclid's parallel postulate; and that therefore, all of non-Euclidean geometry, and anything in the realms of math and science that in any way rely on non-Euclidean stuff, is therefore incorrect and must be discarded. This would include, among numerous other things, all of relativity.
- Aiken on π really is wrong!
- Finally: Gödel’s Proof of Incompleteness! | Good Math/Bad Math on G&oum;del Numbering: Encoding Logic as Numbers
- Programs As Proofs: Models and Types in the Lambda Calculus | Good Math/Bad Math on The Kripke Model for Intuitionistic Logic
- Programs As Proofs: Models and Types in the Lambda Calculus | Good Math/Bad Math on Intuitionistic Logic (partial rerun)
- A Really Simple Turing Machine simulator in Python | Computers, Science, & Computer Science on Turing Machines - what they are, what they aren't.
Tagsantisemitism atheism automata bad math Bad Physics bias book cantor crank category theory chomsky christianity computability computation cooking crackpottery fuzziness Fuzzy fuzzy logic global warming godel grammar incompleteness logic mental illness Meta morons music pathological programming physics pi planar geometry politics preaching probability Programming rant recipe stupidity symmetry teco topoi topology Uncategorized units woo