I am a junior faculty member working in a field of evolution, using a variety of different study organisms. The term ‘spandrels’ was adopted by Lewontin and Gould in a 1979 paper “to designate the class of forms and spaces that arise as necessary byproducts of another decision in design, and not as adaptations for direct utility in themselves”. I think this term can also be applied to life as a junior faculty member. email: proflikesubstance[at]gmail.com
- How does one run a lab while on sabbatical?
- When should the university stop supporting a lab?
- Why I'm giving up on clickers
- The Universal Experience
- Pre-tenure applicants should use the CAREER mech for uninvited preproposals
- Get on a panel!
- FUND THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!
- Where NSF preproposals are a Good Thing
$$$$$$We are exploring new ways to fund the running of Scientopia, including a new donation button. All donations will go directly to our operation costs. Thanks!