Several students have asked me why I don't post slides before the lectures. While I have several valid reasons for not doing so, the secret is they're not usually done until <1 hour before. Shhhhhh
I am a junior faculty member working in a field of evolution, using a variety of different study organisms. The term ‘spandrels’ was adopted by Lewontin and Gould in a 1979 paper “to designate the class of forms and spaces that arise as necessary byproducts of another decision in design, and not as adaptations for direct utility in themselves”. I think this term can also be applied to life as a junior faculty member. email: proflikesubstance[at]gmail.com
- Fascinating PhD experiment starts at JHU
- Tuesday Tunes
- Repost: Dealing with proposal rejection
- Collapsing at the finish?
- Book Review: Morgan Giddings' "4 Steps to Funding"
- An early Thanksgiving
- Want to know more about zombie ants? Help fund some research!
- Why are we surprised when people leave the ivory tower?
$$$$$$We are exploring new ways to fund the running of Scientopia, including a new donation button. All donations will go directly to our operation costs. Thanks!