It's a convenient spot to post all of someone's crazy.
I am a junior faculty member working in a field of evolution, using a variety of different study organisms. The term ‘spandrels’ was adopted by Lewontin and Gould in a 1979 paper “to designate the class of forms and spaces that arise as necessary byproducts of another decision in design, and not as adaptations for direct utility in themselves”. I think this term can also be applied to life as a junior faculty member. email: proflikesubstance[at]gmail.com
- She’s crazy! | Prof-Like Substance on If you learn nothing else from this
- CoR on Context is larger than an article
- Dr Becca on Context is larger than an article
- What can you do when your PI does not have your back? | InBabyAttachMode on Girls just don't wanna have fun at conferences
- mytchondria on Pre-tenure Advice
$$$$$$We are exploring new ways to fund the running of Scientopia, including a new donation button. All donations will go directly to our operation costs. Thanks!