Sci DID post yesterday, hurricane or no hurricane (The Sci-household is intact and unscathed). I was at SciAm, talking about an fMRI study looking at alcoholism and social exclusion. While alcoholics and controls behaviorally report similar social exclusion, their brains do very different things. A study like this might be helpful to evaluate whether therapeutic interventions targeting social exclusion are really helping the way alcoholics respond. Head over and check it out.
Blogging all that is good, bad, and weird in physiology and neuroscience.
- Boo on Friday Weird Science: Masturbation and Restless Leg Syndrome
- free awesome games to play on Running and Hypothermia
- seks fotograf on Screw the sudafed: When your nose ain't great, masturbate!
- special gifts for mom on The BRAIN Initiative: BAM or BUST?
- Hawaii website marketing on The BRAIN Initiative: BAM or BUST?
- Basic Science Posts
- Behavioral Neuro
- Blog Carnivals
- Book Reviews
- CNS Diseases and Disorders
- Experimental Biology Blogging 2011
- Friday Weird Science
- Grad Student Eating in Style!
- Harebrained ideas
- Health Care/Medicine
- IgNobel Prizes!
- Natural Sciences
- Scicurious Guest Writers
- SFN Neuroblogging
- Sunday Funnies
- Synaptic Misfires
- Terrible Poetry
- Word of the Week
- Your donation helps support Scientopia!