Nature recently published two papers on dopamine and depression in the same issue, both of them using optogenetics to look at the role of the dopamine system in depression, and both of them found...very different things. I like them both (and Ed covered them both really well), and I'll be covering them both over the next two days. The first is already up at the Scicurious Brain, and the other will be up tomorrow, then we may be playing compare and contrast. Head over and check it out!
Blogging all that is good, bad, and weird in physiology and neuroscience.
- popular video games on Friday Weird Science: The 5 second rule!
- options binaires en ligne on Part 1 of Welcome to MY Brain! Introduction and general features
- Anonymous on Oxytocin: This one's for the Ladies
- big idea Mastermind on Remember the Old Days?
- catalogues on Friday Weird Science: Smells Fishy? Check your semen.
- Basic Science Posts
- Behavioral Neuro
- Blog Carnivals
- Book Reviews
- CNS Diseases and Disorders
- Experimental Biology Blogging 2011
- Friday Weird Science
- Grad Student Eating in Style!
- Harebrained ideas
- Health Care/Medicine
- IgNobel Prizes!
- Natural Sciences
- Scicurious Guest Writers
- SFN Neuroblogging
- Sunday Funnies
- Synaptic Misfires
- Terrible Poetry
- Word of the Week
- Your donation helps support Scientopia!