Yesterday, I talked about the first of the two Nature papers that have come out looking at the role of dopamine firing in depressive-like behaviors and stress. Today, I talk about the other. Similar stimulus...opposite effects. Why? Well it turns out that not all stress is created equal, and the dopamine neurons can tell the difference. Head over and check it out.
Blogging all that is good, bad, and weird in physiology and neuroscience.
- Alfred on The BRAIN Initiative: BAM or BUST?
- gagner de l argent rapidement sur internet on Silent reading isn't so silent, at least, not to your brain
- steam room shower on Screw the sudafed: When your nose ain't great, masturbate!
- Weight Destroyer on Magazines, Media, and Teen Body Image
- Revolutionary Colon Cleanse Review on Raleigh Reflections
- Basic Science Posts
- Behavioral Neuro
- Blog Carnivals
- Book Reviews
- CNS Diseases and Disorders
- Experimental Biology Blogging 2011
- Friday Weird Science
- Grad Student Eating in Style!
- Harebrained ideas
- Health Care/Medicine
- IgNobel Prizes!
- Natural Sciences
- Scicurious Guest Writers
- SFN Neuroblogging
- Sunday Funnies
- Synaptic Misfires
- Terrible Poetry
- Word of the Week
- Your donation helps support Scientopia!