Yesterday, I talked about the first of the two Nature papers that have come out looking at the role of dopamine firing in depressive-like behaviors and stress. Today, I talk about the other. Similar stimulus...opposite effects. Why? Well it turns out that not all stress is created equal, and the dopamine neurons can tell the difference. Head over and check it out.
Blogging all that is good, bad, and weird in physiology and neuroscience.
- Construction Headhunters on To Calm a Rat with Tickling
- jiu jitsu classes honolulu on The BRAIN Initiative: BAM or BUST?
- bond for jail on The BRAIN Initiative: BAM or BUST?
- Julienne on Conversations really DO take two.
- Restaurants In New York City Theatre District on Friday Weird Science: Need more caffeine? Rub it in.
- Basic Science Posts
- Behavioral Neuro
- Blog Carnivals
- Book Reviews
- CNS Diseases and Disorders
- Experimental Biology Blogging 2011
- Friday Weird Science
- Grad Student Eating in Style!
- Harebrained ideas
- Health Care/Medicine
- IgNobel Prizes!
- Natural Sciences
- Scicurious Guest Writers
- SFN Neuroblogging
- Sunday Funnies
- Synaptic Misfires
- Terrible Poetry
- Word of the Week
- Your donation helps support Scientopia!