Yesterday, I talked about the first of the two Nature papers that have come out looking at the role of dopamine firing in depressive-like behaviors and stress. Today, I talk about the other. Similar stimulus...opposite effects. Why? Well it turns out that not all stress is created equal, and the dopamine neurons can tell the difference. Head over and check it out.
Blogging all that is good, bad, and weird in physiology and neuroscience.
- Philipp on Screw the sudafed: When your nose ain't great, masturbate!
- Google on Friday Weird Science: I hope you like your sperm, and your cell phones, "neat"
- شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض on Friday Weird Science: Smells Fishy? Check your semen.
- where to rent a pontoon boat on To Calm a Rat with Tickling
- Jeremiah on Rock Stars Vs Cheerleaders
- Basic Science Posts
- Behavioral Neuro
- Blog Carnivals
- Book Reviews
- CNS Diseases and Disorders
- Experimental Biology Blogging 2011
- Friday Weird Science
- Grad Student Eating in Style!
- Harebrained ideas
- Health Care/Medicine
- IgNobel Prizes!
- Natural Sciences
- Scicurious Guest Writers
- SFN Neuroblogging
- Sunday Funnies
- Synaptic Misfires
- Terrible Poetry
- Word of the Week
- Your donation helps support Scientopia!