Sci is at SciAm Blogs today, talking about another aspect of dopamine. I usually talk about dopamine in the context of reward and addiction, but dopamine also plays a role in attention and learning, especially in something called prediction errors, learning how much your expectations match reality. But it turns out that, instead of being dead on, dopamine's a bit of an optimist. Head over and check it out.
Blogging all that is good, bad, and weird in physiology and neuroscience.
- D. C. Sessions on Becoming an individual twin
- Nico on Yup, it really does all sound the same. The evolution of modern pop music.
- Will Robertson on Friday Weird Science: What's your Farting Frequency?
- Kausik Datta on Friday Weird Science: What's your Farting Frequency?
- Khalil A (@notscientific) on Friday Weird Science: What's your Farting Frequency?
- Basic Science Posts
- Behavioral Neuro
- Blog Carnivals
- Book Reviews
- CNS Diseases and Disorders
- Experimental Biology Blogging 2011
- Friday Weird Science
- Grad Student Eating in Style!
- Health Care/Medicine
- Natural Sciences
- Scicurious Guest Writers
- SFN Neuroblogging
- Sunday Funnies
- Synaptic Misfires
- Terrible Poetry
- Word of the Week
- Your donation helps support Scientopia!