Sci is at SciAm Blogs today, talking about another aspect of dopamine. I usually talk about dopamine in the context of reward and addiction, but dopamine also plays a role in attention and learning, especially in something called prediction errors, learning how much your expectations match reality. But it turns out that, instead of being dead on, dopamine's a bit of an optimist. Head over and check it out.
Blogging all that is good, bad, and weird in physiology and neuroscience.
- popular video games on Friday Weird Science: The 5 second rule!
- options binaires en ligne on Part 1 of Welcome to MY Brain! Introduction and general features
- Anonymous on Oxytocin: This one's for the Ladies
- big idea Mastermind on Remember the Old Days?
- catalogues on Friday Weird Science: Smells Fishy? Check your semen.
- Basic Science Posts
- Behavioral Neuro
- Blog Carnivals
- Book Reviews
- CNS Diseases and Disorders
- Experimental Biology Blogging 2011
- Friday Weird Science
- Grad Student Eating in Style!
- Harebrained ideas
- Health Care/Medicine
- IgNobel Prizes!
- Natural Sciences
- Scicurious Guest Writers
- SFN Neuroblogging
- Sunday Funnies
- Synaptic Misfires
- Terrible Poetry
- Word of the Week
- Your donation helps support Scientopia!