Sci is at SciAm Blogs today, talking about another aspect of dopamine. I usually talk about dopamine in the context of reward and addiction, but dopamine also plays a role in attention and learning, especially in something called prediction errors, learning how much your expectations match reality. But it turns out that, instead of being dead on, dopamine's a bit of an optimist. Head over and check it out.
Blogging all that is good, bad, and weird in physiology and neuroscience.
- chanel Bags South Africa on Raleigh Reflections
- adomtravail on Who are you? The Anniversary Edition.
- Daniel on Are your Allergies worst in the morning?
- In This Insect, Females Have Penises And Males Have Vaginas – Phenomena: Not Exactly Rocket Science on Friday Weird Science: The Hyena Mating Game
- JensDensen on Yup, it really does all sound the same. The evolution of modern pop music.
- Basic Science Posts
- Behavioral Neuro
- Blog Carnivals
- Book Reviews
- CNS Diseases and Disorders
- Experimental Biology Blogging 2011
- Friday Weird Science
- Grad Student Eating in Style!
- Harebrained ideas
- Health Care/Medicine
- IgNobel Prizes!
- Natural Sciences
- Scicurious Guest Writers
- SFN Neuroblogging
- Sunday Funnies
- Synaptic Misfires
- Terrible Poetry
- Word of the Week
- Your donation helps support Scientopia!