Sci is at SciAm Blogs today, talking about another aspect of dopamine. I usually talk about dopamine in the context of reward and addiction, but dopamine also plays a role in attention and learning, especially in something called prediction errors, learning how much your expectations match reality. But it turns out that, instead of being dead on, dopamine's a bit of an optimist. Head over and check it out.
Blogging all that is good, bad, and weird in physiology and neuroscience.
- write my essay on Friday Weird Science: SLIME MOLD TAKES TOKYO
- Justine F. Kahle on Silent reading isn't so silent, at least, not to your brain
- hardcore Sex on "Blocking" heroin addiction while "avoiding the wiring". Did we really?
- KIDS on Making a Long-Term Memory? Don't Forget to Tag it!
- Domitila N. Osequera on Friday Weird Science: Do Your Balls Hang Low?
- Basic Science Posts
- Behavioral Neuro
- Blog Carnivals
- Book Reviews
- CNS Diseases and Disorders
- Experimental Biology Blogging 2011
- Friday Weird Science
- Grad Student Eating in Style!
- Harebrained ideas
- Health Care/Medicine
- IgNobel Prizes!
- Natural Sciences
- Scicurious Guest Writers
- SFN Neuroblogging
- Sunday Funnies
- Synaptic Misfires
- Terrible Poetry
- Word of the Week
- Your donation helps support Scientopia!