You people. You people and your REQUESTS. Requests to do things like blog more about opponent-process theory. Well. Sci hears you. She obeys. At least this time. And for all your drug addiction experts out there asking me to read Koob, I can assure you that I have read a LOT of Koob in my time. For those of you not necessarily familiar with the drug abuse lit, George Koob is considered one of the greatest minds in current drug abuse research, and has done a lot to conform the motivationally-focused opponent-process theory to the model of drug addiction that exists today. Guy even has a wikipedia entry! That's how you know you've hit the big time.
Blogging all that is good, bad, and weird in physiology and neuroscience.
- Steve Korner on Yup, it really does all sound the same. The evolution of modern pop music.
- instagram follower hack on Remember the Old Days?
- We Have Found A New Type of Sex Organ | /Slantist on Friday Weird Science: The Erection of the Ostrich
- Daniel on Are your Allergies worst in the morning?
- In This Insect, Females Have Penises And Males Have Vaginas – Phenomena: Not Exactly Rocket Science on Friday Weird Science: The Hyena Mating Game
- Basic Science Posts
- Behavioral Neuro
- Blog Carnivals
- Book Reviews
- CNS Diseases and Disorders
- Experimental Biology Blogging 2011
- Friday Weird Science
- Grad Student Eating in Style!
- Harebrained ideas
- Health Care/Medicine
- IgNobel Prizes!
- Natural Sciences
- Scicurious Guest Writers
- SFN Neuroblogging
- Sunday Funnies
- Synaptic Misfires
- Terrible Poetry
- Word of the Week
- Your donation helps support Scientopia!