Fuck You Friday: Dedicated to Wisconsin

Oct 28 2011 Published by under Uncategorized

In like the unseasonably cold weather (fuck you mother nature) is this week's Fuck You Friday, your weekly place to rant, rave, and discuss science, life, blogging, the winner of Project Runway, what have you

And if you're feeling super depressed about the current economic climate, at least take faith that you are not part of the UW system, which is taking a big wolloping shot to its budgetal balls, courtesy of  the lovely Wisconsin government. Unless you're in Wisconsin, in which case you get double the 'fuck y'all' rations for the week!

• scicurious says:

AUGH! Project Runway lost me entirely this season. Kept getting worse and worse and now THIS. Insanity. I am so done.

• Hermitage says:

Dude, I did not even bother to watch the finale because I KNEW what was going to happen. Lifetime has killed PR for me, srsly.

• Temp Anon says:

Going anonymous for this one. Yes, I am in fuckin' Wisconsin. The state government won't rest until the whole state populace is uneducated Tea Party morons. Faculty are fleeing in droves. My department hasn't had a hire in ages; the most recent hire is up for tenure this year, and we keep losing senior faculty. My awesome UW Madison is going to shit.

• Katharine says:

Fuck everyone at my university other than myself and the STEM faculty.

I think that about sums it up.

• Katharine says:

Although there is that professor of one of my classes who can't plan worth shit, but he knows his stuff and is an amiable dude, so he only gets a fist shake.

• Katharine says:

Also fuck my creeping bad mood and the increase in the amount of effort required to think clearly.

• gilly says:

Fuck the motherloving 12" of snow we're supposed to get tomorrow. I moved south to get away from this shiznet, eff you weather!

• I am going to New York City for the first time ever and I'll be going from 80 degree weather in central Texas to 2-4 inches of snow. sigh...

• studyzone says:

@scicurious: totally, completely, 100% agree. I've watched the show since Season 1, and I weep at what the show has become - The Real World Seamstresses.

Wisconsin has my sympathies. The governor of WA state has just announced another $2billion in cuts that includes a walloping of higher ed (which just went through a steep round of cuts just a few months ago). So much for the UW being a "world-class" institution.

• Juniper Shoemaker says:

Fuck depression. I can't take this shit anymore. I want to kick depression's ass.

Hollywood needs to stop fucking up Sherlock Holmes. Hollywood needs to stop pilfering beautiful Victorian literature, doling out characters and lines of original dialogue piecemeal to dudebros and then commanding them to go "steampunk" with them. Hollywood will understand both classic literature and steampunk when it understands science and black and brown people, which will be when hell freezes over.

• Julian Frost says:

And in Gauteng, South Africa, we had a freaking HEATWAVE!!! On Monday, I left the office at quarter to five. I can't ever remember a quarter to five that was that hot, and I used to live in Durban! So on that note, and in the spirit of the day, fuck the idiots who say global warming is a lie.

• gilly says:

I lost power for 3 full days, just got it back. Fuck you snowtober, fuck you.