1. Taking sunscreen to DC was wishful thinking.
2. Taking a hat to DC was very wishful thinking.
4. It's ok to tell little white lies to your students if nobody dies as a result.
5. Catching up with friends to talk about
stuff science is somewhat akin to a small vacation.
6. A long and winding journey home can easily wipe out any beneficial effect of the
vacation scientific meeting.
7. Chatting to, arguing with, and getting frank and honest feedback from Postdoc Mentor makes me appreciate him even more.
In addition to the vendor schwag, I left the meeting with what is pictured below. Special thanks go to those involved. Here’s hoping they didn’t get arrested or billed for the damage done to their hotel room while preparing this most precious gift.